There are many questions that came into the mind of beginners when they buy a new paintball gun. They want to know How does a Paintball Gun work and its uses.
Most of the newbies still believe that they can use paintball markers like a real firearm but there are many additional parts like a hopper, barrel, compressed air tank, and different components as well.
So Do not worry! Just follow the simple below steps and you will be a professional Paintballer in a short time.
- Easy Steps of Paintball Gun Working:
- Insert the Battery:
- Attach a CO2 or HPA Tank:
- Attach the hopper or magazine to refill the paintball:
- Activate Your Paintball Gun:
- Turn off the Safety Button:
- Hold and Aim the Marker:
- Aim the Paintball gun at the target:
- So How do you aim a paintball gun?
- Pull the Trigger:
- Adjust Firing Rate and Velocity:
- Inspect the Marker to ensure the Performance:
Easy Steps of Paintball Gun Working:
Insert the Battery:
- For an Electronic Paintball Gun, the first step is to install the battery and attach barrels and sights properly before start shooting.
- A single 9-volt battery is used in most electronic markers, but some of the newer models use AA or AAA batteries instead.
- You will also need an electric loader if your paintball gun has the capacity of shooting a high ROF (Rate of Fire).
Attach a CO2 or HPA Tank:
Every marker needs compressed gas like CO2 or HPA to shoot faster, so the next step before you can shoot a paintball gun is to fill a CO2 or (Air High-Pressure Air) and connect it to the ASA (Air Source Adaptor) at the bottom of your handle frame.
- Nowadays, HPA is used in Paintball Gun as compared to CO2 for better shooting as it is better for the internals of your marker and is far more consistent in output pressure than CO2.
- In fact, almost all electronic markers require compressed air due to the hazardous nature of carbon dioxide (CO2) but mechanical paintball guns can typically run on CO2.
Attach the hopper or magazine to refill the paintball:
The next step is to attach the hopper or magazine to load paintballs.
- It’s a very simple process. You will easily find a feed neck on the upper side of the gun to fix the loader and a compartment on the bottom to attach the magazine in paintball markers.
- Now Load the Paintballs after attaching the components. Magazines have less capacity to store paintballs as compared to hoppers which have a wide range of loading paintballs to shoot at your desired target.
Activate Your Paintball Gun:
Now it’s time to turn on your marker after you have attached the air tank and loader to your paintball gun.
- As we all know, the mechanical Paintball Gun is coming with a cocking knob and safety button, which is mostly located on the body frame of most mechanical markers, or it can be located on top of the body frame.
- On the other hand, the function button is usually located either on the back side of the grip frame or next to the trigger frame. You must pull the trigger and press the safety button to activate the firing mechanism.
- Moreover, most electronic paintball guns come with a button on the top to activate the shooting mechanism.
Turn off the Safety Button:
- A safety button is located on the trigger frame if you are using a mechanical paintball gun which is used to keep the marker from accidentally firing if the trigger is pulled.
- Before firing the paintball gun, you must press the safety button with your trigger finger until you see the red line.
- Moreover, the Electric Paintball Guns have a power button instead of a safety button.
Hold and Aim the Marker:
Holding the marker correctly is the only factor for proper aiming and shooting.
- After the paintball gun is loaded, shoulder the air tank of the marker into your armpit on your target side. You can hold the foregrip of your marker with the other hand.
- Hold the main handle of the marker with your dominant hand and place your finger on the trigger.
- Now Put and press the compressed air tank on the shoulder.
Aim the Paintball gun at the target:
If you think that aiming a paintball gun is similar to aiming an actual firearm, you are wrong.
So How do you aim a paintball gun?
- Lift up the front of your gun with your non-dominant hand until the barrel is targeted as your desired place.
- Your eyes should be placed directly behind and slightly above the backend of your marker.
- After that, try to make sure that you are in the correct position to avoid collision of your nose with the pop-up bolt if it flew out of the back of the gun.
[Cautions]: Your face should be at least 1 inch above the marking screw, as the screw comes out quickly and can hit your nose if you are not wearing a mask.
- It depends upon the type of paintball gun you use while aiming your marker.
- When you are aiming at your target, do not forget to keep both eyes open as well to further avoid limiting your field of view.
Pull the Trigger:
Now it’s time to pull the trigger and watch to see where the paintball lands.
If the paintball fails to hit the spot you were aiming for then simply move the barrel in the direction you were trying to hit.
Adjust Firing Rate and Velocity:
- You need to adjust the velocity of the marker whether it is too fast or slow to perform well in the field.
- You will find a velocity regulator on the back or bottom of the grip; make sure to adjust it with the help of the Allen key.
[Pro Tip]: To ensure the safety of you and all the other players around you, it is important that you should adjust the standard velocity of a paintball gun which is 280-300 fps on the field. Do not operate your gun above 300 FPS since it could severely injure your opponent.
Inspect the Marker to ensure the Performance:
Sometimes your trigger is jammed during the match, so make sure to check out the safety button and cocking knob by maintaining the marker regularly, oiling, removing dirt, and cleaning the components. to improve the health, speed, and accuracy of your marker
We have tried our best to provide you with a brief, easy, and straightforward step-by-step guide. To cover all these aspects.
We hope it will definitely add some extra information to your knowledge for making a better purchase decision.
Thanks for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What kind of gas is used in a paintball gun?
There are two types of gas commonly used in paintball guns: carbon dioxide (CO2) and compressed air (HPA). CO2 is less expensive but can cause velocity fluctuations as the temperature changes. HPA is more consistent but requires a more expensive tank.
How fast do paintballs travel?
The velocity of paintballs can vary, but most fields have a maximum speed limit of 280 feet per second (fps). Some tournaments may have lower limits, such as 250 fps.
How accurate is a paintball gun?
The accuracy of a paintball gun depends on many factors, including the quality of the gun, the type of barrel, the paintballs used, and the player’s shooting technique. Most paintball guns have an effective range of about 50 to 100 feet.
How do you load a paintball gun?
To load a paintball gun, you need to open the hopper and pour in the paintballs. The hopper is a container on top of the gun that feeds the paintballs into the firing chamber. Some paintball guns have a magazine instead of a hopper.
Can you modify a paintball gun?
Yes, you can modify a paintball gun with different barrels, stocks, grips, and other accessories.
Do paintball guns require maintenance?
Yes, paintball guns require regular maintenance to keep them in good working order. This includes cleaning the barrel and hopper, lubricating moving parts, and replacing worn-out or damaged parts.