Building your own paintball guns at home is very easy and cheap but you need to know the right guidance and procedure to make your own paintball gun.
If you are Looking for information on How to build a Paintball gun at home? then this article is for you.
This step-by-step guide is for Paintball Lovers who are passionate about building their own paintball gun at home. This is the advanced guide on how to make a paintball gun at home and will provide some helpful tips and tricks.
- When you are trying to make a new paintball gun at home, the most crucial and important step is to choose the right component. You might need a barrel, an air compressor tank, a regulator, a solenoid, and a trigger.
- Once you have all the components, you can start assembling them.
- Make sure to seal everything correctly and airtight, so air does not leak out.
- After assembling the components, you can start customizing your paintball gun. This is how you design and set up a Paintball gun at home.
How to build a Paintball gun at home from household objects?
Homemade paintball guns are pretty easy and simple to make as compared to buying from the market.
- A paintball gun is consisting of many different components.
- To make a plastic paintball gun, you must use all plastic parts, from the barrel to the pressure chamber. However, it is not much difficult.
- Everyone is already familiar with the barrel, trigger, and air Tanks of a paintball gun. When you pull the trigger, the paintball is shot at your desired target.
So, Let’s quickly take a look at how to make a paintball gun with a pro step-by-step guide in this article.
Parts of the Paintball Gun:
Basic Components of Paintball Gun:
Firing Chamber: A part where air pressure comes in allows the paintballs to be shot into the air at your desired target.
Loading System: In this part, paintballs are loaded and moved into the gun with the help of gravity or an electronic hopper system.
Barrel System: With the help of this part, we can shoot the paintballs at high speed once they are loaded into the firing chamber.
Paintball Accessories to Consider for Your Gun:
Before that, the first step in making your own paintball gun is to gather all the necessary tools and materials in one place.
Paintballs shoot out of the barrel with the force of a gas jet. But the actual mechanism of a paintball gun is more complex than that. To make a simple paintball gun, you need the following four parts: a barrel, a trigger, a gas jet, and a paintball.
To make a homemade paintball gun, the following materials are required:
- Air compressor Tank
- PVC pipe
- Air reservoir tank with fittings
- Screwdriver set
- Oil and Lubricant
- Drill set
To make a mechanical paintball gun at home from PVC, all you need are a few simple materials:
The first step is to use PVC pipe for the body and barrel.
- The right size and diameter for paintballs are either 0.50 caliber or 0.68 caliber. You need an accurate length of hard and rigid PVC pipe.
- It is very important to match the diameter of the pipe to the size of the paintball.
- A standard paintball is 0.68 caliber, meaning that the standard paintball is 0.68 inches in diameter. If the pipe is too small then the paintball would not fire.
You can use the old plastic bottle as the hopper which is attached to the top of the pipe. Insert balls into the barrel through a small opening or PVC valve to load the gun.
PVC Tube for Gun:
The next step is to make the handle of the gun which is again made of 4 to 5 inches long PVC pipe.
- The handle should be tightly attached to the barrel to avoid any leakage.
- You can use a simple spring load inside the PVC pipe to cock the gun. It should come down when the trigger is pulled.
Clothespin or PVC Trigger:
PVC valve acts as a “trigger”, which enables us to choose when the burst of air moves from the bottle to the PVC pipe barrel.
Your Paintball gun trigger can also be a clothespin or Button, which is attached to the bottom of the PVC pipe with the help of tight glue.
[Remember]: You should tighten both ends of the tube with the help of plastic tape or glue to avoid any air leakage.
The bursting of Air:
Our last step is finding the “burst of air”.
- For this, we can use a hand pump to blow the air in a football or a bicycle tire.
- You will need to make a hole in the bottom of your plastic bottle then connect the end of the pump to this hole in the bottom of your bottle.
- Remember to tape the sides and ends of the hole to avoid any leakage.
Your paintball gun is now complete!
By pumping your hand pump, air will travel into the plastic bottle, but the valve will prevent it from escaping into the barrel. To fire a paintball gun, simply fill the cylinder, insert the paintball into the PVC pipe, open the valve, and fire the gun.
We have tried our best to cover all the relevant aspects of how to design and build a Paintball gun at home. I hope it will add some information to your knowledge for making a better purchase decision.
Thanks for reading!